Friday 29 September 2017

It's OK to really, really, really Like Eating. Really.

I'm dieting right now.
I've still got 16 weeks left to get to my goal, but I am currently eating deficit calories.

How am I going to maintain self control?  Motivation?  Compliance?
First of all, I'm not going to rely on willpower, but I am going to rely on the habits and routines I've been creating, but in order to successfully diet for 16 more weeks, I'm going to have something to look forward to everyday.
Every.  Damn.  Day.

If I pack my meals for the day, and I already know I've packed a bunch of crap I hate, I'm going to be a miserable b*tch while I'm dieting, and more than likely, I'm going to fail.

Food is a 'uuuuuuuuuge part of my life.  Like, I love food.  So much.
If I can't know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there's at least one thing delicious waiting for me to eat, everyday, then I am sad, and grouchy AF, and likely plotting my next donut binge...

So, what I've learned counting macros, is that I can work loads of yummy things into my day, and I must plan something chocolate-y.  It's a necessity.

I am currently sitting at a weight that I have been a handful of times in my life, but never, ever lower.  As in, the last time my scale was lower than this, my age was likely a single digit.  I'm one month in, a little under 7lbs down, and so freakin' excited to see what my bod looks like underneath the 15-20lbs I'm going to lose!  (I do plan to put back on some weight, in case you were concerned!  Lol!)

I have booked a photographer.  A great one.  She is mainly a family photographer, however I've seen what she can do, and I'm so confident in her abilities, as well as in the insight of my coach, that I have complete faith that this goal will become a reality that I will treasure forever!

So back to the food part, because, really, food is important.  Paramount, even.  I track my food every evening.  In my most successful times, I wake up, and already know what I'm making myself for breakfast.  There are no surprises.  I simply pack, and eat what I've decided upon the night before.  It has been one of the most empowering tools I've acquired, and considering I'm on my damn phone a lot anyways, it takes no more than 5 minutes to open up my app, plug in my choices, and then tweak them to fit my macros.  The first thing I track?  My non-negotiable.  Currently?  Protein pudding topped with crushed cookies.  It's so stinkin' good, and packs a protein punch!  I've learned that a small amount of yogurt can absorb a huge scoop of protein powder, and also that just three chips a'hoy thins can turn it into a dessert.  Tracked.  First.  Every evening.

If you're trying to shred down a few or a whole lotta' lbs, then please know that you should not eat food you don't want to eat.  Life is too short for that.  Figure out what you like and either find healthier options or make your portions smaller - I typically use a combination of these two tactics!  Bump up your meals with some veggies, maybe, or don't, if you hate them!  Bottom line, don't suffer.  You can absolutely lose weight while eating things you're looking forward to.  If you're feeling lost?  Looking for a better plan, where you can eat things you enjoy?  I'm not your gal...but this gal is! ↓↓↓

http://www.motivateandbfit.com/








No comments:

Post a Comment